How to Make Cannabutter in 8 Steps:
You will need:
- 1/2 oz - 1 oz of ground marijuana (around 2-3tbsp if well ground)
- 2 sticks of butter for every half ounce you use
- A Jar
- Cheesecloth/a coffee filter (a cheesecloth is preferred)
(Note: I followed SOME of the directions in the book, but most of it is just a combination of multiple recipes I found to work well)
1) Fill a large pot about 1/4-1/3 of the way up with water. Put on high heat and allow to boil.
2) Once the water has boiled, put the heat on medium, add in the butter, and stir until melted.
3) Now add in the ground marijuana and stir. Place the heat on low and allow it to simmer, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
This process should take no less than 2 hours and no more than 24. I did it for around 5 hours. The longer you allow the mixture to simmer, the more potent the butter will be.
4) At this point, the butter will be more of a green color and you will see the leaves floating around if you stir it. If the mixture is glossy and thick, you can get ready to pour it out.
5) Place the cheesecloth over the jar and pour the mixture over. Once you are done, there will be some residue on the top - squeeze the cheese cloth for every bit of liquid you can get out of it. Throw out the cheese cloth and the contents on it.
6) Close the jar and place it in the fridge and let it sit over night.
7) Scoop the butter from the top of the jar into a saucepan and drain out the liquid. There should be residue left over in the jar - scoop that out and place it in the pan and stir the butter and residue together and place back in the jar.
8) Place the jar back into the refrigerator, allow it to sit until a solid, and then use it for any tasty treat you’d like!